- Maintain a positive and professional workplace environment
- Audit, analyze, and provide feedback regarding billing processes, including: claims denials, bad debt/collections processes, and medical coding.
- Develop educational material in the areas of medical insurance billing and medical coding (including ICD-10 implementation).
- Deliver training as necessary for medical insurance billing and medical coding.
- Assist 3rd party billing company in the documentation of medical practice billing/coding related policies for consistent workflow management.
- Work closely with management to solve workflow related problems, create efficiencies and maximize allocation of resources.
- Act as subject matter expert in the area of billing and insurance coding.
- Coordinate and head projects as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Duties subject to change based on Administrative/Departmental needs
- College degree preferred or at least 5 years of experience in medical billing/coding
- Audit experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to adapt in an ever-changing healthcare field
- Basic understanding of ICD-10 principles preferred
Click here to express an interest in this position