Charlotte Radiology, one of the nation's largest, private, sub-specialty based radiology practices, and the largest of its kind in the Southeast, is seeking a full-time partnership track pediatric radiologist to join four other pediatric radiologists. Our imaging services cover the pediatric community of metro Charlotte and the surrounding areas of the footprint of Carolinas Healthcare System. We are based at the Carolinas Medical Center-Levine Children's Hospital, a 240 bed quaternary care facility with a strong and established pediatric residency training program and pediatric subspecialty base in all areas. We also cover the Jeff Gordan Children’s Hospital at Carolinas Medical Center, Northeast, a 53-bed tertiary care facility, with an on-site presence at the latter, one day a week.
• We cover all diagnostic modalities of pediatric body imaging, including DR, CT, MRI, Fluoroscopy, and Ultrasound.
• We engage in several teaching venues, including hosting pediatric residents, 4th year UNC medical students, and Peds EM fellows for elective rotations; performing daily inpatient radiology rounds with the clinical teams; and participation in several multidisciplinary conferences.
• Light interventional work includes US and fluoro guided cases. An interest or expertise in this area would be an asset, as we consider this an area of potential growth.
• Neuro, MSK, CT and MRI are all covered separately.
• While we do not currently cover nuclear medicine, we would welcome a candidate with an interest or expertise in pediatric nuclear medicine and PET-CT to foster growth of this service line.
• 2 of our section members run our robust pediatric advanced cardiac imaging program for Sanger Heart and Vascular Institute, in which a candidate may choose to participate, but it is not a requirement.
• Currently adult general body radiology diagnostic and light interventional skills encompass 25-50% of our responsibilities, including evening and weekend duty; however, we anticipate that our team of five will have a dedicated pediatric call and evening/weekend rotation in the coming year. In under four years, we have grown from a section of 2 in 2011 to our current size, and we are poised for continued significant growth regionally in the next two years.
• We have dedicated in-house ERAD and NRAD teams to cover overnights, and our children's hospitals enjoy overnight pediatric subspecialty teleradiology reads through Strategic Radiology.
• 98% of outpatients surveyed would recommend our centers and services
• Over 1.5 million studies read annually
• Founding member of Strategic Radiology
• Dedicated team of support staff , including an in-house credentialing department
Living In Charlotte:
• This international gateway to the south is a metro area of over 2 million people.
• Charlotte offers expansive cultural and artistic venues, a vibrant nightlife, excellent shopping, elegant dining, and myriad entertainment and businesses venues, all while offering cost of living that is below the national average.
• Charlotte is ranked #14 by U.S News and World Report for Best Places to Live in America for 2017.
• A host of unique neighborhoods and suburbs cater to all walks of life. From family-friendly to urban excitement, Charlotte has something for everyone.
• Charlotte is an educational hub that is home to over a dozen colleges and universities, both in and around the city. The Charlotte Mecklenburg public school system is the second largest in North Carolina and 17th largest in the country. Charlotte also offers a myriad of excellent charter and private school options, such that parents have the freedom to make the best school choice for their child.
• Throughout the year, Charlotte offers a vast array of activities including cultural festivals, concerts, symphony, ballet, theatre, and home games for our 3 major league sports teams.
• Its excellent geographic location in the NC foothills means our residents are a short drive away from two large lakes, the beautiful beaches of the Atlantic, and the breathtaking Appalachian Mountains.
• As a national hub for American Airlines, we have the 14th largest airport in the nation. 60% of the country is only a 2-hour plane ride away, and nonstop flights provide service some to some of the best destinations in the Caribbean and Europe
• Highly motivated team player
• ABR certified
• Pediatric Radiology CAQ eligible/certified
• Fellowship trained in Pediatric Radiology
Click here to express an interest in this position