The Registered Nurse will work at the Charlotte Radiology Lake Norman, Concord, and SouthPark Vein Centers. The Lake Norman Vein Center will be the home base and the individual will float to the other two vein centers to provide vacation/sick day coverage. The shifts are Monday - Friday, 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM or 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM. No weekends or holidays. No call shifts.
Job Duties of Registered Nurse:
- Work closely with the physicians, provide a high level of patient care during procedures, administer mild sedation, manage any reactions or patients in distress, and document patient clinical history.
- Set up and mix medications specific to each patient’s procedure - to be administered during the procedure on a sterile tray, maintaining appropriate sterile technique throughout the set up and procedure.
- Assess patients and perform independent patient procedures (under MD direction), to include but not limited to, RN sclerotherapy, decompressions, and Vein Gogh.
- Maintain nursing stations and stock levels, as wells as medication logs.
- Explain the clinical details of procedures to patients and family members.
- Triage patient phone calls and provide patients with appropriate follow up care instruction.
- Various duties as they arise
Skill Set Required of Registered Nurse:
- 3 years nursing experience
- Radiology experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Adaptable to new and various situations and procedures
- Ability to interpret information and identify patient’s needs
- Close attention to detail
- BLS certification
- Knowledge of Interventional Radiology/Vein & Vascular procedures and terminology
Click here to express an interest in this position