On May 13, 2021 the Centers for Disease Control announced that fully vaccinated people can resume activities without wearing a mask or social distancing (except where required by federal, state, local, tribal or territorial laws, rules and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance).
While North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper lifted most mandatory masking requirements, the state of North Carolina continues to require masks in healthcare settings, regardless of vaccination status.
Charlotte Radiology is continuing to take every precaution to provide care to our patients and staff in a COVID safe manner using the 4 Steps to Safety approach to provide you with medical care.
4 Steps to Safety You Can Expect from Charlotte Radiology:
We understand you may have concerns and want to give you peace of mind, so you know what to expect before and during your appointment. Charlotte Radiology will follow the below safety protocols at each location:
- Pre-screening for COVID symptoms in advance of patient appointments.
- Patient Check-In
- Verbal symptom screening at the time of check-in
- Patients may be asked to wait in their cars before appointments.
- Social Distancing markers and acrylic barriers have been installed in centers.
- Contactless check-in and payment measures are in place where appropriate.
- Personal Protection
- Providers, patient-facing employees, and patients will wear masks.
- Please plan to wear a face mask upon your arrival to our center. You can wear either a surgical mask or a cloth face covering from home. You can wear either a surgical mask or a cloth face covering from home.
- Hand hygiene is required of all patients and employees before entering exam rooms.
- New Protocols to Keep You Safe and Healthy
- Enhanced cleaning protocols are in place in preparation for your return to keep you COVID-safe.
- Appropriately spaced appointment slots allowing for time to clean before and after each patient.
- Please limit the number of visitors accompanying you onsite; visitors are asked to wait in their car or an area outside the waiting room (this includes children under the age of 18 years).
Charlotte Radiology Patient Screening Protocol
- Have you been tested for COVID-19?
- If yes, what were your results?
- What was the date of the test?
AND/OR IF YOU
- Had close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 patient in the past 14 days
- OR/AND YOU HAD ANY OF THESE SYMPTOMS IN THE LAST 14 DAYS
- Fever, sore throat, muscle aches, shaking, chills, new or unexplained headache, new cough or shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea
- Please return to your car and reschedule your appointment
Thank you for trusting us with your care.