Your safety and well-being continue to be our highest priority. With new guidance issued by the State of North Carolina to reopen businesses for essential care, Charlotte Radiology will follow suit with a phased approach and take precautions to provide care to our patients and staff in a COVID safe manner.
To best serve our community and to continue to minimize the risk of spreading COVID-19, we are taking a 4 Steps to Safety approach as we begin to slowly reopen our services to provide you with medical care.
Charlotte Radiology Screening & Diagnostic Services
- All diagnostic centers and services, including breast MRI, will re-open 5/4.
- Screening mammography services have resumed at all locations on 5/18.
- DEXA services will be offered at specific locations starting 5/11.
- Check locations and online appointment availability through our easy self-scheduling tool.
Carolinas Imaging Services (CIS)
- All CIS centers remain open for non-COVID-19 positive patients to receive MRI, CT, ultrasound, and X-ray exams.
- The Huntersville location is open Sunday – Saturday 7 AM – 7 PM.
- Hours at the CIS Ballantyne and CIS SouthPark locations expanded to Monday-Friday 7 AM – 9 PM.
Charlotte Radiology Vein Services
- Effective May 4, vein consults and procedures will commence at the Vein Center of SouthPark.
- Effective May 20, vein consults and procedures will commence at the Vein Center of Lake Norman
4 Steps to Safety You Can Expect from Charlotte Radiology:
We understand you may have concerns and want to give you peace of mind, so you know what to expect before and during your appointment. Charlotte Radiology will follow the below safety protocols at each location:
- Pre-screening for COVID symptoms in advance of patient appointments.
- Patient Check-In
- Symptom screening at the time of check-in including touchless temperature checks.
- Patients may be asked to wait in their cars before appointments.
- Social Distancing markers and acrylic barriers have been installed in centers.
- Contactless check-in and payment measures are in place.
- Personal Protection
- Providers, patient-facing employees, and patients will wear masks.
- Please plan to wear a face mask or other facial covering upon your arrival to our center. You can wear either a surgical mask or a cloth face covering from home.
- Hand hygiene is required of all patients and employees before entering exam rooms.
- New Protocols to Keep You Safe and Healthy
- Enhanced cleaning protocols are in place in preparation for your return to keep you COVID-safe.
- Appropriately spaced appointment slots allowing for time to clean before and after each patient.
- Please limit the number of visitors accompanying you onsite; visitors are asked to wait in their car or an area outside the waiting room (this includes children under the age of 18 years).
Charlotte Radiology Patient Screening Protocol
- Have you been tested for COVID-19?
- If yes, what were your results?
- What was the date of the test?
AND/OR IF YOU
- Had close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 patient in the past 14 days
- Known close contact with someone at work or home with active flu-like symptoms in the past 14 days
- OR/AND YOU HAD ANY OF THESE SYMPTOMS IN THE LAST 14 DAYS
- Fever, flu-like symptoms (sore throat, muscle aches, shaking, chills), new or unexplained headache, new cough or shortness of breath, and intense loss of taste or smell
- Please return to your car and reschedule your appointment
Thank you for trusting us with your care.